Nonsensical Ravings of A Lunatic Mind
Saturday, December 04, 2004

It's officially the Holidays now

Yep that's right it is time for Winter-een-mas again!

If you are saying to yourself "WTH is this wintereenmas thing?" then you need to go here and keep clicking next on the bottom right of the page.
It is pretty self explanatory.


WINTER-EEN-MAS



Tonight is my wifes work Christmas party.... woo.....hooo.

First let me state that I dislike parties, especially Christmas parties, extra especially work Christmas parties, and double extra especially her work Christmas parties. There are people at my workplace that I see every day, they might have been there for the last 3 to 4 years and I have no clue as to what thier names are...... so I REALLY don't need to talk to people that she works with! I'm sure they are all real nice and all but meh.

In the past it has been held in a local pizza parlor that has VERY good pizza so at least there was a little something to look forward to about being dragged kicking and screaming to a place to spend time ( that I do not have ) with people that I barely know.

This years is different though, new managment, new place for the Christmas party!

****clasps hands together nearly swooning**** OH BOY !!!!!

The new place is..... drum roll please.....

A bar


I don't drink.

She doesn't drink either.

Not only is it a bar but it is a really trendy YUPPIE bar.

I'm 45, I'm well past the yuppie stage, I'm also well past my tolerance level for loud mouthed dip shits that are gonna change the world with their limitless expanse of blind hopefulness.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some prude that is morally opposed to strong drink. I will have a drink on occasion, albeit rarely. I used to drink, used to keep at least 1 bottle each of Jack Daniels black label , Bacardi 151 rum, Wild Turkey, and usually some sort of Schnapps in the refrigerator.

I used to be an unpaid roadie for my buddies band, a bar band. EVERY weekend was spent sitting in a bar, sometimes I would have a drink, most times I would not. Just $5.00 Cokes with a water back. Actually they played in VFW halls mostly. "You don't hafta go HOME, but you can't stay HERE!"

Maybe my tolerance for alcohol is too high and that is why hanging out with a bunch of drunks irritates me.

I would play mind games with them whenever I got the chance, little things like asking them a simple question made up of completely recognizable words.

Like, " Will sheet foam rubber wick?"

See, your brain stuttered for a second or two trying to make sense of it. Didn't it? Yeah it did, go ahead and admit it.

Go ahead, try it out next time you stumble upon an intoxicated person and watch the look on their faceas they attempt to comprehend the words that came out of your mouth..... then they will ask you to repeat yourself, and they will concentrate harder as you speak and they will still have no idea as to what you just said.... this can go on for as long as you like.

Sometimes it is fun to move u to someone quickly like something is amiss and say it with a great urgency in your voice..... kinda like you are letting them know that the hem of their pants leg has seemed to become engulfed in flames by some odd sequence of events. I made a girl cry once this way because she just knew something terrible was happening around her but suddenly I was speaking some alien language.


But I digress.

Bah and Humbug!

BTW, it is MERRY CHRISTMAS not merry xmas or even happy holidays. It is Christmas.

Politically correct can bite my shiny metal ass.


posted by еdë §tèé£ at 3:19 PM
link |

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page



A Lunatic Mind
is
еdë §tèé£




The Writer

This is all from inside my head and no outside influences are allowed!


Archives

November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
March 2005
April 2005
October 2007


Links

Google
Blogger
Yahoo!
MSN
Photobucket


This blog is based on a design by mela


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com